My Pink Stamper Design Team Challenge

One of the first blogs I began following was My Pink Stamper.  Robyn is a talented lady.  A few weeks ago, she announced that she was going to looking for designers for the next 6 month term on her design team and I wanted to get in on that.  This is the first time I have ever entered a challenge and I'm really excited about it.  Of course there were some guidelines to follow.  We were to use the following colors:
Orange
Turquoise
Green
Brown
and other optional color of our choice.

We were also to use our favorite Cricut cartridge and post the recipe.  I love those colors, but have never attempted them all at once.  It was fun to stretch my mind a bit.  This is what I came up with:



Here's what you will need:

Tools -
Cricut Expression (or other Cricut machine)
Kate's ABC's Cricut cartridge
I Peter 5:7 Digi stamp from Dee's Bugaboo Boutique
Scoreboard and/or bone folder
Adhesive (I like ATG.  I also used the Xyron X box, and foam dimensional squares)
Tim Holtz distress ink pad - Frayed Burlap
Supplies -
DCVW  Cotton Bloom Stack (for orange paper and green grass)
Brown card stock (I used some from Recollections)
Flesh card stock (I found some from Provo Craft)
DCVW Shimmer Stack (for turquoise paper)
Cream card stock (I used some from the Paper Studio)
Coordinations foundations pearl paper (I used a peachy- orange color)
Brown Ribbon (I used some from American Crafts)
Let's get started -
Cut a piece of cream colored card stock to measure 11"X4.25".  Score at 5.5" and fold using your bone folder to create a nice crease.  Ink around the front edges using the Frayed Burlap distress ink pad.  Using Kate's ABC's cut the little girl with all her layers from page 60 at 3".  I made the following cuts:
Girl 6 - brown
Girl 6 shift - green
Layer 1 - peach and turquoise
Layer 1 shift - orange print
Layer 2 - cream (ink around the edges of the hat using the Frayed Burlap ink pad)
Layer 2 shift - flesh colored

Assemble all the layers on the lower front portion of the card.  (With my camera the turquoise looks blue.)
Resize the digi stamp to measure 1.5" wide by 1.75" tall.  Print on cream card stock and adhere to a piece of turquoise that measures 1.75"X2".
Adhere the brown ribbon to the upper portion of the card, trimming to fit.  Using dimensional foam squares, adhere the Scripture verse in the upper right corner of the card.

I will be posting a video a little later with the story that inspired me to make this card to use in the challenge.

Addition - Here is the video I was talking about when I originally made this blog post.  I thought I would just add it on the end instead of adding a whole new post.

Comments

Dawnica said…
Adorable card! Great job!
www.dawnicakorner.blogspot.com
McEwens said…
cute! It's always a challenge for me finding the right image for dee's word art. But this works. I would have never thought of doing what you did.

tawny
www.tawnysdesigns.blogspot.com
Missy said…
I love your card! This is the cutest image,and I love how you used it up against the plain white background. Your sentimetn looks great too! Good luck!!
Diane Dupont said…
Very cute card!
Cheri said…
I wish I could find what I did with it. Now that my card file box is complete, I can't find the card to add to the box.

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop