Days of Thanks - November 23 - #2

My heart is so full right now that I decided to share another thankful post.  I am thankful for my little brother.  Now I have 4 little brothers and 6 little sisters and I'm so very thankful for all of them.  I forget to tell them how much they all mean to me.  But tonight, there is a special reason that I am thankful for this little brother.  Tommy has one of the most giving, generous hearts that I know.  So big and giving in fact that he and his family have given up much to leave America on Saturday and go to another country to bring their daughter home.

What's his daughter doing in another country you might ask?  Well several years ago, Tommy and Marian (oh yeah, she's his wife - lol), adopted a special young lady and brought her to America to be part of their family.  After living here for several months and before the adoption was finalized, the country she was from felt it would be in her best interest to return to her home country.  This was despite the fact that my new niece loved her family and wanted to stay with them.  Tommy and Marian, with breaking hearts, had to drive their daughter to the West Coast to get on a plane and leave them.  I know this seems like it only happens in stories, but this is truly what happened.

It is now time to return to that far away country and bring their daughter home.  They don't know how long it will take, or what obstacles they will have to hurdle.  They are going on a very limited budget, and could use far more, but they are going.  And I am thankful.  I love you both!

Comments

Rain said…
I love you, Cheri. You're an amazing big sister. Please don't stop praying! We're almost there. ~ Marian

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop