Getting Ready for the 12 Days of Christmas Tags Series

Starting tomorrow, I plan to be making Christmas tags for the next 12 days.  Now I will be making LOTS of tags over the next couple of weeks because that is this month's theme for my card exchange club as well.  This series is separate though.  To follow along with this series, look for the title: "12 Days of Christmas Tags - Day 1", etc.  I am hoping to be able to add a link button so that you can make your own version of tags and link them back each day.  If I am able to do this, there will be a giveaway at the end of the 12 days.

So what's so special about this tag series?  This isn't your normal tag series.  I'm not trying to replicate Tim Holtz either (though I will be following along on his tags).  This series is about giving and will follow the theme "The 12 Days of Christmas" song.  This is something my family has done for several years and I will tell you the story about how it started on the first day.

If you are playing along, you will need a few things.  Now I don't want you to necessarily go out and buy stuff to make yours look like mine.  I just want you to have fun.  The message on each tag is based on the tags found here.  I discovered these tags last year and I really liked the way they were phrased and the ideas that went along with them.  Last year I just printed the tags as they are and cut them out.  This year, I plan to re-type the phrases (including the copyright information to give credit where it is due) on my own paper and make each tag.  I will be using the "Joys of the Season" Cricut cartridge as well as an assortment of papers and embellishments.  So grab 12 tags and come and play along!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop