Day 5 of Getting Cricky Fun - "You're Just Tea-riffic!"

It's hard to believe that today is the last day of Pre-Hop fun.  I've had so much fun working with my chosen set this week and the ideas are still coming!  It's always fun to reach outside of the box and see what you can make with just a few stamps.  Be sure and check out the Blog Candy at the bottom of the post to see how you can win a set of these great stamps.  I changed #5 for today.

For today's project, I decided to make a Valentine card for my Grandma.  I know it will be safe to show now because she doesn't have the internet and doesn't like computers -lol.  My Grandma collects teapots and likes the color red.  Grandma doesn't really want anymore teapots and has so many trinkets and decorations that she really doesn't want anything like that either.  She's always kind of difficult to get get a gift for.  I think I will just give her this little card.


Let's Get Started
Tools:
K. Andrew Design Stamps - "Coffee & Tea for You & Me" and "Coffee & Tea for You & Me" Image set
Cricut and the "Love You a Latte" Cricut cartridge
ATG Adhesive

Supplies:
Paper from my stash (every bit of the paper for this card came from my scraps - even the base)
Tim Holtz "Vintage Photo" Distress ink
Versamark Ink
3 Girl Jam ribbon - "Merlot"

Instructions:
Cut the teapot and it's layers at 2 3/4" using the "Love Ya a Latte" Cricut cartridge.  Cut a piece of red cardstock to 11" X 4 1/4".  Score and fold at 5 1/2".  Cut a piece of tan cardstock to 4 1/8" X 5 3/8" for the outside of the card and one 3 1/2 X 4 3/4" for the inside.  I used Vintage Photo distress ink to ink around the teapot and mats as well as to stamp my sentiments and images.  The ribbon was tied around the mat before it was adhered to the front of the card.


To finish off the inside of the card, I took a Versamark ink pad and repeated the sentiment from the front of the card all over the inside, creating my own background.  I then adhered the new mat over the background paper.  I think my Grandma will like it.

 A portion of the proceeds from each of Kristal's stamp sets is donated to charity.  The stamps are also manufactured in the US and that's really important to Kristal.  I think they are fabulous stamps and I love the versatility they provide.  You can click on each image below to purchase these stamps.

K Andrew Designs


K Andrew DesignsK Andrew Designs

Aren't these stamps great?  Hop on over to check them out for your self.  Special Promo: Every order that totals $25 will include a free mini set of stamps.  You can also use the code "cherifreeship" to receive free shipping.  This is such a super promotion!
.
How about some CANDY?  I have some for you this week.

K Andrew Designs

I have a few ways you can enter to win this fun set of stamps.  I want to make as many ways available as possible so I decided to add a few things that you can do.  Each thing that you do will give you a separate entry.  I haven't counted it up, but let's just say that you can earn a LOT of entries!  I will close the entry process on Sunday, January 22 at 11:59 pm and announce a winner on Monday or Tuesday.

1. Post my Blinkie on your side bar and let me know in the comment section of one the daily posts that you did so that I can go and see it on your blog.
2. Be a follower of my blog and let me know that you are in one of the daily posts.
3. Create a post on your blog and/or Facebook page telling about this week of posts and the giveaway.  Comment each day that you do this on that day's post and you will receive 1 entry per day.  Yes that means if you do this each day throughout this week on Facebook and your blog, you will receive 12 entries!
4.  Any purchase you make at K. Andrew Designs between today and Sunday will give you one more entry. Use the code "cherifreeship" and you will not only receive FREE SHIPPING on your order, but Kristal will let me know that you are eligible for an extra entry.
5. Now that you have seen so many ideas on my blog as well as the blogs of the other Getting Cricky Design Team Members, what would you say is your very favorite set of stamps?  Leave a comment on today's post telling me your favorite set for an extra entry.


Comments

CRAZY4 CHRIST said…
Very pretty card, i am sure your grandma will love it!! Love the ribbon, know i am kicking myself that i didn't buy it when they had there special over the holidays!!
Kristan
GCDT-Sister
Sugarlips said…
That is adorable! I bet your Grandma will enjoy it. It is sweet that you send cards to her for the holidays too.
Rhonda Miller said…
What a GREAT card. I love the little tea pot and your ribbon. TFS.
Charlotte said…
Oh what a sweet card. Such a cute teapot. And I love the way you added the teabag stap to the inside.
Charlotte
Unknown said…
I love the card, the teapot is adorable. My favorite stamp set is "winter wishes" :)
Karenladd said…
Such a pretty card and your Grandma is going to go crazy over it!! Love your sweet paper pieced teapot! Also like the way you stamped inside the card...something I forget to do! I am a follower!
Your card is just my cup of tea. Could not resist. Like the ribbon also. I'm a follower.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com
Karenladd said…
Posted on FB here!
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=199826410113680&id=100003222327908
Try this again since I got an error indicating conflicting edits at same time. I have your blinkie posted on my blog sidebar.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com
My fav stamp set is Owl Hooty.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com
Aim said…
Cheri, you have done a TEA-rrific job with this set!! I already loved it, but you've made me love it even more!! :) Wonderful card today -- LOVE the teapot!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your Getting Cricky talent!! :)

Your GCDT Sister,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Karenladd said…
Absolutely darling card...love the teapot! Also a reminder that the inside of the card is a spot for stamping as well...love it! I am a follower.
I am having trouble posting however, my posts keep getting kicked back..so here's trying again.
Karenladd said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
CathyinMN said…
Tea-riffic card! Your Grandma is sure to love it! Getting Cricky has so many wonderful stamp sets, it's impossible to pick a favorite! I really like her new Valentine's stamp sets and the family set.
tcsobotka at charter dot net
Miranda said…
Adorable! I love this stamp set!
Miranda :)
Getting Cricky JRDT Sister
www.nanasscrpspot.com
Jana said…
Very nice project, I love it. your blog is really nice and clear with instructions. It sure makes it easy to follow!
Blessings,
Jana
Getting Cricky DT
My Blog
Lisa said…
What a beautiful card for your Grandma, Cheri!! I love the paper you used for the tea pot!! And the sentiments are just perfect :)

Lisa
Getting Cricky DTM - Sister
indymermaid.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
such a cute tea pot. Adorable card.
Heather Getting Cricky JrDT sister
Karenladd said…
Posted 5 blogs but my post didn't go through so here goes again:
1. Love to Crop - Sweet fairy card
2. Jenscrapstoo - peach colored teacup card
3. Cricktncrafts - cupcake card
4. Mommyscraftycreations - cute pirate bird
5. A little bit of detail - Teapot friendship card
Beautiful card!

Veronica Getting Cricky JrDT Sister
mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com
Jenscrapstoo said…
This card is Teariffic!!! Looks jus like a real teapot!!
Cheers Jennie
Getting Cricky Jnr DTM sister

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop