Monstrous Birthday

Despite the bustle of life right now, we needed to stop yesterday to observe my brother-in-law's birthday.  My niece from Colorado is here and she is a beautiful cake decorator.  She decided to make a Red Velvet cake for him.  My niece didn't know that I have cake decorating supplies (another craft that I don't have a lot of time for), so she picked up a few things at the store.  I grabbed my cake decorating box and told her to help herself.  When I opened it I found these cute decorations from a Monster's Inc. cake I had purchased several years ago and this was what she came up with.
Since Maria worked her magic with the cake, I of course had to coordinate and work my magic on the card.  Now we just need him to watch the movie (ha ha - probably not going to happen).
Tools:
K. Andrew Designs Stamps - "Fall-O-Ween", "Owly Hoo", and "Coffee and Tea for You and Me"
Cricut - Best of Pixar
Supplies:
Ink - black Excelsior
Purple base - cut at 11" X 4 1/4
Polka Dot paper - cut at 4 1/8" X 5 3/8"
Green Paper - cut at 4 1/8 X 3"
3 Girl Jam Ribbon - "Witch's Brew"
Papers from my stash to cut out images.

Now I have to say, that this is one of my least favorite cartridges, though it has my favorite cartoons on it.  It just doesn't layer easily because the little pieces are cut individually.  I'm so glad that PC fixed this on most of the newer cartridges!  Maybe they will re-do this one someday :).

Inside

I cut Sully for the front of the card and his layers at 3 1/2".  I then cut Mike at 2 1/2" for the inside of the card.  I stamped "Boo" from Fall-O-Ween and then combined "Happy" and "birthday" from "Owly Hoo" and "Coffee and Tea for You and Me".  All the paper for this card and the images were from my scrap stash.

You can order any of the stamp sets I used by clicking here.  Remember that whatever you purchase helps someone else out as Kristal donates a portion of the proceeds for all her stamp sets to charity.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.  I hope to have more projects in a week or two.

Comments

Rhonda Miller said…
What a fun cake, I just love the card. TFS.
CRAZY4 CHRIST said…
Very cute card and cake!! Hope you all are doing ok!! Hugs
Kristan
GCDT-Sister

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop