Thank You Notes #2

Good morning everyone.  I've been so busy that I've not had much time to craft and even less time to blog.  Let's just say that my plate is currently VERRRRY full.  That's OK because it will pass. One of the things that I have been working on lately is a Stroke Awareness Campaign for my community.  WOW!  It's keeping me hopping.  I plan to dedicate a post soon to Stroke Awareness so keep an eye out.  There's a lot we should all know about stroke!

As you probably know, Saturday was National Scrapbooking Day!  I must say that it was the BEST one I have ever had.  Not because I was able to scrapbook, but because I spent most of the day with my daughter.  She even wanted to go a scrapbooking store (which she hasn't been interested in for awhile).  By the time the day was done, we had also gone to JoAnn's and she bought fabric to recover a 3-ring binder and start her next scrapbook.  We also re-arranged the old family room to make room for our crafts.  The space for the boy's playstation is getting smaller.

I started these thank you notes that day also.  I made a set of these back in March and was asked to make 50 for a friend.  Here is this variation.  I made them from a sketch by Operation Write Home.


Tools needed:
Paper Trimmer
Cricut "From My Kitchen" - for the ovals
Cuttlebug embossing folder - "Script"
K Andrew Designs - "Scripture Sayings"
Stampendous - "Happy Messages"


Supplies Used:
JoAnn's Cardstock for the yellow, green, and blue paper
Graduation paper from Hot Off the Press
Blue swirl paper from my stash
Cream colored cardstock for base and ovals of blue cards
White cardstock (Georgia Pacific) for base and ovals of green and yellow cards
Tim Holtz Ink - Pine Needles and Faded Jeans


Cut Sizes:
Card Base - Standard A2 (4 1/4" X 5 1/2")
Solid base - 4" X 5 1/4"
Solid Accent - 1 1/2" X 5"
Print Accent - 1 3/8" X 4 7/8"
Oval - "toaster oval" key at 1 1/4" for the larger oval and 1" for the smaller (From My Kitchen- Cricut cartridge)


This is the sentiment on the inside of the card from the Stampendous "Happy Messages" set.  I love this thank you and plan to use it a lot.  It is so bold.

These cards were pretty simple.  I hope you give them a try.  Have a great day!

Comments

CRAZY4 CHRIST said…
Very nice cards!! WOW 50 of them!! Glad you enjoyed your saturday with your daughter!!
Kristan
Rhonda Miller said…
I love these. TFS.
Lisa said…
These are gorgeous, Cheri!! I love the script embossing folder!! What beautiful cards!! And wow, 50!! I'm impressed!! Glad you had such a wonderful day with your daughter :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop