Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole/ Green Beans

Hello everyone.  I haven't made it into the craft space long enough to craft lately but I have done some cooking.  I found a new channel on YouTube called the Chuck Wagon Cowboy.  He has some interesting recipes and I printed a few to try.  Now I don't endorse everything on his channel, but tonight's dinner was delicious.

Now I will admit, it may not look like much in this picture, but it was delicious!  It can't be low calorie, but will make a good occasional treat.  You can find the recipe on YouTube by clicking here.  The recipe is in the comment section.  I think the jalapeno really adds to it.


When we were in South Carolina on vacation, we had some delicious green beans.  They were fresh and cooked in a pressure cooker.  They were finished off with a tiny bit of bacon grease.  Well I didn't have fresh beans and I don't have a pressure cooker, but I did have bacon grease.  Now before you panic, listen to how I made these tonight. I took one can of cut green beans and drained most of the water from the can.  I cooked it in the microwave for 2 minutes and then I added a VERY small amount of the bacon grease - probably around 1/4 teaspoon.  I then added a little salt and pepper and cooked it for 2 more minutes.  It was so good!

I actually made 2 of these casseroles and put the second one in the freezer.  Why fix just one meal when you can make 2 with just a little more effort?  My daughter left this morning for church camp where she will be on staff for all of July except for the 1 week she will be a camper.  I need to have things in the freezer to go to.  I just hope it is as good from frozen as it was fresh.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.  I hope to have some fun projects soon.  I have alot of projects with some great ideas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop