A Rock to Shelter Me - and You Too

I spent a very busy day in the ER today.  I'm sitting in the recliner - exhausted!  It is often impossible to leave my work "at work".  As I see so much hurt out there, I often experience a huge range of emotions - everything from compassion to anger to frustration.  That's part of the job that I love and it makes up part of who I am.  I felt those things today as is usual for me.

However, getting home I continued to see the deep hurts that abound.  As much of the West that I love continues to burn, so many more are hurting.  I heard that Camp Grace is gone along with the home of a dear pastor and his wife.  The Flying W Wranglers are meeting in Colorado tomorrow to encourage the victims of the Colorado fires while they have lost so much themselves.

I read of grandparents who recently found that their 18 month old grandchild has stage 3 cancer.  These grandparents have lost a son as well as a grandson and still remain faithful to serve the God they love.

I have spent time texting a dear one who is afraid and hurting - reminding him to turn to His God.  I have also heard from a friend who is fearful for the life of a missing family member while also dealing with other difficult issues.

The prayer list continues to grow - and not with little things.  Deep heartaches and pain are everywhere.  The ache in my heart for these loved ones also grows and can become overwhelming, until I remember this:

"From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from my enemy.
I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings"
Psalm 61:2-4 (NKJV)

How about you?  Do you know the Rock?  He wants you to trust Him to be your Savior first of all.  He then stands with arms spread wide to shelter you.  Won't you trust Him today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop