Hope

Good morning everyone.  Today I don't have a crafty post for you, but I wanted to post something from deep within my heart.  I have been thinking and praying about this topic and I feel it is something vital that needs to be shared.  The subject is HOPE.

Do you ever have one of those days when everything feels hopeless?  Maybe there are more bills than money.  Maybe you have a rebellious child.  Maybe you or someone you love is having great health difficulties.  Perhaps you feel that no matter how hard you try, you just can't be good enough to please someone or most importantly to please God.  Your list goes on and on.  We live in a world where troubles abound.  The economy is bad and gas prices are rising.  Health care costs are huge.  Families are falling apart.  It just seems hopeless.

Over time, people choose different ways to either find hope or to drown out hopelessness.  Some turn to alcohol or drugs while others turn to sex.  The pursuit of riches is reached for and often unobtainable.  Some search for religious experiences while others choose to look to the government.  Others decide it's so hopeless that the only way out is death.

But there is HOPE.

It can't be found in money, sex, drugs, or alcohol.  It can't even be found by being good or helping others, nor can it be obtained through religion.  The only answer to hopelessness is Jesus.

I know what some of you are thinking: "I thought you said religion wasn't the answer".  I did say that. I'm not talking about a religion.  I'm talking about a close, intimate relationship with a Person.  This Person knows more about you than you know about yourself.  Yet He still loves you.  In fact, He loved you so much that He died to pay for your sins so that you could have the HOPE of eternal life.  That you could have HOPE in a HOPELESS world.

"Whoa now," you might say.  "I'm not a sinner.  I'm a good person.  I help others and I even go to my church."  The Bible tells us that "All have sinned" in Romans 3:23.  It also tells us that the wage for those sins is death (Romans 6:23).  It goes on to tell us that is is a gift from God and not something that can be earned.  In fact, if we could be good enough and earn it by our own works, it would all become a big "boasting fest" according to Ephesians 2:8-9.

So how can you obtain this HOPE?  The first step is to admit that you are a sinner and without hope on your own (see Romans 3:10-11).  Then call out to God in repentance for those sins and accept His gift of salvation.  Romans 10:13 tells us, "For whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."  There are no magic words.  It comes from your heart.  However, you could say something like:

"Dear Father, I know that I am a sinner.  I have reached for hope in so many ways and have never found it.  I now know that it can only be found in trusting in You.  Please forgive my sins and wash them clean.  I accept this gift you offered when Jesus died for me.  Thank you for loving me so much that you gave me this gift.  In Jesus' name, Amen."

If you have accepted this gift, HOPE is yours.  I'm not saying that life will instantly become easy.  That's not the same thing.  I am saying that you are now assured an eternity with a loving Father.  What better HOPE is there?  But it doesn't stop there.  You now have access to that Father so that you can go to Him with your fears, angers, and disappointments.  You can learn how to make it through each day as you learn more about Him in His Word - the Bible.

Please know that I care for you.  Are you feeling hopeless?  Turn to Jesus.  Do you have questions?  Please feel free to contact me through my profile.

Comments

CRAZY4 CHRIST said…
Amazing post Cheri!! I think alot of times people do get religion mixed up with having a personal relationship with God, they think I believe in "God" but don't actually have a relationship with him. Thanks for sharing this post!!
Kristan

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop