"Fall Treat" Cards

Happy fall morning.  I have a really simple fall project for you today.  I attend a very small church and we currently have 3 kids who are away to college.  This is the time of year that college kids often start missing home and so we like to send a box of goodies to them in the Fall.  I really wanted to make them each a card, but I was running out of time.  I needed something that would be nice, but quick and easy.
This is probably the simplest Design Team post that I've done for 3 Girl JAM.  Guess what?  Simple can be beautiful - especially when you have gorgeous ribbon.  Today's gorgeous ribbon is Harvest Orange.  Now I'm not typically an "orange" girl, but I must say that I find the oranges of fall breathtaking.  Harvest Orange was perfect for these cards. 


Supplies:
Harvest Orange crinkle ribbon from 3 Girl JAM
The Paper Company Cyprus collection
DCWV - Autumn Melody Matstack
Brown cardstock from my stash
Prima - Say it in Pearls (peach)
Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Fall-O-Ween stamps from K. Andrew Designs


To start with I cut my paper.  The green was cut to form a 5 1/2" X 8 1/2" piece that was then scored at 4 1/4 " to form a standard A2 sized card (5 1/2" X 4 1/4").  The brown mat was cut at 4" X 5 1/4" and adhered to the front of the green card base.  I then took a yellow piece of cardstock and cut it at 3 3/4" X 4 3/4"  (oops!).  I then chose 3 scraps left over from other projects from the Autumn Melody matstack and cut them to 2" X 3 3/4".  After adhering the printed paper to the bottom of the yellow, I distressed the edges with Walnut Stain distress ink and added by sentiment.  I then brought a length of Harvest Orange ribbon from 3 Girl JAM from the back and tied the pretty bow.  This piece was adhered to the brown mat already on the card and it looked pretty good.  However, the pretty pearly flower from Prima gave me the perfect finishing touch.


 Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted the picture of the third card.  It is already packed in with some sweet treats.  Of course I couldn't leave the inside green so I cut a piece of brown cardstock to 4" X 5 1/4" followed by a yellow piece cut at 3 3/4" X 5".  This allowed for plenty of room for the ladies to leave a brief note on the easy-to-read yellow paper.


Sometimes simple works and think this was one of those times.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Have a great day and...

Take time to enjoy the little things.

Comments

jessica said…
These are beautiful!!!! Love the papers and of course the beautiful ribbon :)
Lisa said…
The ribbon is gorgeous!! Beautiful cards!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Rhonda Miller said…
These are great. I love the papers you used.
Gloria said…
I am sure they will really appreciate a note from home and they are very sweet cards indeed!!!

Precious Hugs
OmaGloria
Jessica Buffa said…
Oh Cheri, you are so right....the Fall Oranges are breathtaking and so our your wonderful cards! Great Job!

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop