Simple Sketch Inspired Cards

Today I wanted to show you 3 of the simplest cards I've made in a long time.  They were styled after another Operation Write Home sketch that you can find here.  These sketches are really helping me get caught up right now and I'm so thankful for them.  Remember that using a sketch doesn't take away your own creativity or flair.  A sketch is just a springboard to jump to your own ideas.

The first card I made was from the Basic Grey "Life of the Party" 6X6 pad and Element stickers.  The blue card base was something I found in my stash.  I think this will be a perfect male or kid birthday card, don't you?


I decided to take a border from the Element sticker sheet to finish off the inside.  Hero Art's "All Occasion Messages" had the perfect little happy birthday sentiment to finish it off with Archival "Jet Black" ink.


The second card is definitely for a lady.  I pulled out the "So Sophie" 6X6 pad, Basic Grey "Wander" bloomers, and Hero Art's "All Occasion Messages" stamped with a little Archival Jet Black ink.  The card base was made from Paper Trey Ink's (PTI) "Plum Pudding" cardstock.  This is my favorite card of the 3.  I love the simple design with the gorgeous purples.


The final card is one that I plan to send on to Operation Write Home.  They have said that they need general "Missing You" cards so that was what I made.  Notice anything different?  That's right, the "circle" in the corner is a rectangle.  I used "This and That - Graceful" from Echo Park for the patterned paper and "Vintage Cream" PTI cardstock for the base.  The stamp is from Stampendous' "Happy Messages" in Archival "Jet Black".  The rectangle sticker is from Echo Park's "So Happy Together" Element stickers.  The little beads were made using "Petal Pink" Liquid Pearls.

I am linking this to the Operation Write Home Sketch #167 Challenge.  I am also linking it to the Simon Says Stamp "April Shower's/ Spring Flower's" challenge found here.  Be sure to check out everyone's cards.

Interested in a video?  I have one for you today.


Thanks so much for stopping by.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things today.

Comments

Lisa said…
They may have been simple to make but they don't look it - they are fabulous!! The papers are gorgeous!! Happy Sunday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Mandy said…
Wonderful selection of cards Cheri, I love the gorgeous felt flower.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop