Days of Thanks - Day 20

Today I am thankful for music.  As I was on my way to prayer meeting tonight, I had my son turn on one of my favorite CDs.  It was was such a blessing to hear music that glorifies God.  There are times when it's easy to get discouraged, but the Lord so often has the perfect song come to mind to uplift the spirit and focus me back on Him.  This is where I need to be.

When I was a child, my grandfather would ask me if I had a song in my heart.  As I got a little older, he had a favorite song that he always wanted to hear me sing.  He passed this to my mother.  She sings when she's cleaning, cooking, and more.  She has taught so many little lessons through songs and it continues to the next generation as she sings to her grandchildren.

Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth;
Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises.
Psalm 98:4 (NKJV)

What are you thankful for today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop