Cuttlebug Birds & Swirls Card of Encouragement

I love to browse on Pinterest!  Where else can you go from yummy recipes, to new nail colors, to exercise trends, to fabulous card ideas all in the matter of minutes (or hours depending on the day)?  I was recently Pinspired by the card that you can see by clicking here.  I wanted a card for a friend who needed some encouragement and I thought this would be perfect.  Add my favorite color and the gorgeous Grey Gray crinkle ribbon from 3 Girl JAM's LG bundle and you have this pretty little card.

 
Supplies:
3 Girl JAM LG Bundle
Cuttlebug embossing folder - Birds & Swirls
Georgia Pacific white cardstock
CTMH - Smoky Plum ink
Paper Trey Ink  - Boutique Borders Sympathy stamp and die; Plum Pudding cardstock
Recollections Cool Water card stock  - Grey
Adhesives - foam tape and ATG

One of the best features of a card like this, is that you have enough to make 2 cards by simply using your left over pieces.


I felt like all the white needed a little extra pop so I added Crystal Stickles to the embossed images.  I love how the clear Stickles take on a hint of purple from around the top of the card.  It was so pretty that I didn't want to put the sentiment on the bottom and cover the simple elegance of the embossing.  This one is definitely my favorite.

Be sure to check out the video where I show you how I lined up the 2 pieces to match the pattern.  Also, head over to the 3 Girl JAM store and use the code CP10 for a discount.  Click here to get there quickly.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.
Have you joined the current 3 Girl JAM challenge? Be sure to link up your Springtime project.

Comments

Julie Odil said…
Love this technique! So pretty!
Donna K said…
Your card is lovely, Cheri. I really love how you added the stickles to your embossing, what a sweet touch. I'm sure your friend appreciates your beautiful, hand made card too!
Georgiana said…
Very pretty. Love the sparkled swirls.
teachdanz said…
Love the elegance of the clear stickles!! Gorgeous card Cheri!
Jessica Buffa said…
Cheri, this is so elegant and pretty. I do see how the stickles take on a purple tint! Great job!
:) Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop