Memory Keeping...Simple Journaling


I have a HoRRibLE memory.  Sometimes I wonder if someday I'll forget my own name.  Though it is true that a picture is worth a thousand words, you really don't want to forget the story behind those pictures. This is especially important if you don't have time to scrapbook those memories right away.

In the last memory keeping post, we discussed getting our photos organized.  That is an important first step, but now lets talk about the next step...

Simple Journaling

Does this remind you of long diaries that you never kept up?  Believe me, I completely understand.  I can't tell you how many times over the years that I have started a journal.  Typically I would do great for a few days and then forget to write for days, weeks and months.  I'd pick it up later and have so much to say that I would spend a long time trying to remember all the fun things that had happened since I last journaled.  Now for those of you who are great journalers, I applaud you.  I wish I was better at putting pen to paper.


This year I have tried a new system and I have to say that it has worked the best for me.  I use the Close To My Heart Everyday Life Planner and journal daily.  I use the month on two page layout that you see at the top of the page to jot down events. The week on two page layout that you see above works perfectly to write down highlights of each day.  You can really use any calendar you choose or even make your own.

Don't make it complicated and don't feel like you need to write a novel every day.  Simply jot down events, inspiration or what ever you want.  Keep your journal safe and you will be one step closer to matching your journal entries to your photos.  See how the guesswork disappears?

Thanks for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop