Scrap Basket

To learn about the virtual crop on August 5-6, click here.
To learn about my current recruiting special, click here.

How many times have you needed a tiny piece of paper just the size of one that went out in yesterday's garbage?  It's nice to have a place where you can drop your better bits and pieces of leftover paper to use on another project. I decided that I wanted to decorate a basket to use for just this purpose.  Here's how I made it work for me.

To start with, I purchased a mesh basket at the Dollar Tree.  Have you checked them out?  They have some fabulous things for $1.  I chose lime green because I wanted something bright and cheerful.

The next step was to grab some Calypso paper from Close To My Heart and cut it into 1" strips.  To make it go all the way across the bottom and up both sides, I added about 4" to the 12" strips with my Tombow adhesive.  I then wove it into the mesh of the basket.  To finish off the ends, I took 4-5" strips of paper and wove them through the ends.  I then adhered them to the bottom of the strips going in the opposite direction and trimmed.

To finish off, I found 2 of the Picture My life cards in the Calypso packet and glued them together with a bamboo skewer between them.  I added "2016 Crop 'til You Drop" to one side and left the other side empty.  I then tied a lime green double bow using my 3GJ ribbon maker.


Now if you are coming to Crop 'til You Drop, be sure to bring your decorated box.  If you are part of the Virtual Crop, upload your picture to the page.  Everyone who is registered will receive one ticket just for finishing the project.  If you use a CTMH product, you will receive a second ticket.  You can't beat that.

Here's a video breakdown of the project.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop