Sunday In The Word: Bible Journaling - A First Attempt


When I first saw Bible journaling a few years ago, I was a bit resistant to the concept.  I had written notes in my Bible for years but really wasn't sure about drawing in it or filling pages with color.  However, in recent months I've been reconsidering this as something to be used as a tool in drawing me closer to the Lord as I study His word.  I jumped onto CBD and found this nice Bible.   I signed up for a class with Sandy Allnock that you can find here and today, I finally did my first page.  This was really a very simple start and I look forward to exploring more crafting mediums in future pages.

As mentioned in previous posts,we recently packed up our home after nearly 13 years and moved to the Mid-West.  It has been great in so many ways but difficult in others.  In December, the Lord brought Esther 4:14 to mind.  I am here for a reason, and I truly believe that it is for something besides working in a new department with a new team.



Here are the supplies that I used:
Crown coloring page from - here (used to trace image)
Crayola colored pencils
Washi tape
Staedtler Triplis Fineliner in black

One of the most important things that I learned is that it is very important to place a sheet of paper between the page that you are working on and the one behind it.  I didn't worry about this since I was simply using colored pencils.  However, the thick black lines in the word "time" bled through onto the page behind it.  Though this would have been evident on the backside of the page that I was working on, it would not have marred the page below had I placed that sheet of paper down.
 

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop