New Journaling Insert

No, I still don't have the craft room cleaned and ready to go.  I have been fighting illness for the past several weeks and this week it finally caught me good and hard with Bronchitis.  I've spent the last 3 days doing very little, but today I pulled out my journaling insert and decided to do some decorating.  I finished my last insert in February and so I decided that rather than pulling out another Moleskine Cahier insert, that I wanted to make my own this time.  I started with a piece of 12X12 watercolor paper from Close To My Heart and some Tomoe River paper and went to work.  I prefer sewn inserts because I feel like they are better on my elastics, so I used dental floss to hand sew the pieces together.  I was ready for March with a brand new journaling insert.  I haven't gotten bold enough to decorate the cover but when I do, you will see it here.


Some days I journal on the plain white pages and just add stickers, washi, or other decorations.  Some days I use Distress Crayons and other days I use watercolors.  Since I'm not feeling like doing much right now, I decided to play with some watercolors and prepare some pages to be ready to journal on.

The first spread started out as a practice page for clouds and mountains using my Daler Rowney Aquafine  watercolors.  That didn't turn out so well, but the light blue will make a pretty background for the words inside of me.  The next side was just blocks of color that shows how ready I am for Spring.  I also the Mini Chickenwire stencil from The Crafters Workshop.  Ironically, after I finished the page, I looked out the window and it was snowing.

The next layout started out as a practice page for roses.  Nope, there are no roses here as I ended up washing them out with the pink and purple background.  However, since I had just completed the background pages, I wanted to have a little more on this page so I free-handed some flowers, added lots of splatters, some black Micron pen strokes and dots and a card from Ali Brown.  I absolutely love this layout and can't wait to fill it with words.

How about you?  Do you keep a journal?  If not, I hope you will start.  No, you don't have make your own journal insert, just grab a notebook of some kind and start writing.  This isn't the first journal I've had and no two journals have to be the same.  Just find a place to put your thoughts and go to work.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop